1 August 2017

Should Women take their husband’s last name after marriage?




Many people after marriage they are in dilemma to change their last name from their father’s name to their husband’s name. Well ladies can decide on what name they prefer. I personally think that taking a man's last name doesn't mean anything in today’s life compared with back in the days. According to me, I really don’t have a problem with taking a man's last name. We are the some product and it’s not being old school but am actually marking my territory.

Some may choose not to change their last name reasons being they view the act as selling yourself and being a slave in your own image. In other way, you belong to a man instead of yourself. Ok, I understand this is your dignity and you don’t want to give it out to someone else. I think it is definitely up to the woman to decide on taking the name or not.

Having a second thought, why can’t we both change our names? So as a couple if we are joining then we should switch names. I would take my husband’s last name not because he owns me but because we are one. Some stuff are meant to remain traditional. I think that would be beautiful and I plan to do that with my future husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHY WE HAVE TO FIGHT ENDOMETRIOSIS